I did an interview and filled out a logbook with http://www.suslabnwe.eu/ on home energy use. One of the activities was to document and take pictures of an everyday activity which was much easier to do as a blog post hence this post. Apologies if this bores you to tears!
Why did you do this activity
I made soup because I was hungry after work and had load of vegetables in the fridge that needed cooking!
Here are the step involved in me making soup:
- Turns the lights over the kitchen work area (I usually leave half the kitchen lights off)
- Read the recipe on my iPhone
- Take vegetables out of the fridge
- Turn the radio on
- Boil some water in the kettle (usually takes two boils to fill the pot)
- Open the window so the kitchen doesn’t stink up
- Turn on the extractor fan
- Set the timer
- Put the stuff in the pot and stick the lid on the pot
- Blend the soup using the hand blender
This is obviously pretty banal but it is eye opening just how many electrical and energy related things are involved in such a mundane activity.